6 replies
Guild Master
Moon Sugar:
+708
SGTG.png
Shattered Grove Town Guard
OOC Admin / IC Leader - @Vulano / Kashya Vulano

-GUARD NOTICE-
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this roster be read in its entirety.
The SHATTERED GROVE TOWN LAWS are a REQUIRED reading for Guards.

As an attentive branch encompassing the bulk of Shattered Grove, the Town Guard is a diplomatic organization founded upon the necessity of protecting the people through the enforcement of civil law. Retaining the ideas of stability through administration and compliance of rules, the Guard follows a strict hierarchy system composed of basic ranks and special departments to further aid the people of Shattered Grove, and more quickly address and manage arising issues that may cause concern within the town.

The system of hierarchy within the Town Guard is comprised of a standardized ranking system, followed by a set of specialized departments and lesser rankings. Basic ranks are responsible for the straightforward guarding of the town, alongside enforcing laws and carrying out arrests. Specialized departments and lesser ranks are to be held responsible for their specific tasks, which may be read below. While each guard is expected to fulfill his or her duty to the greatest possible extent, specialized departments are exempt from taking posts and shifts to guard the town. Despite this, their area of work will be significantly more elaborate in comparison to the basic ranks.

Basic Ranks

Initiate - An Initiate comprises a small number of entry-level Guards who wish to serve, but have not yet proven their stability and experience to possess all the available privileges a guard has. The Initiate is allowed to guard and maintain order through vocal command, but may not attempt arrest. They are expected to notify a superior. Furthermore, an Initiate may not possess shackles and keys until their promotion to the rank of Private.

Private - Comprising the bulk of the Guard force, the Private is the second lowest basic rank available and only possesses legal power over criminals. As such, they may be given orders from any other rank higher than their own. These individuals can act fully independent, and have proven themselves trustworthy. They are given shackles, and keys, and are required to fill one patrol.

Corporal - As a promotion from the rank of Private, the Corporal is one who has shown a more adept proficiency in his work ability, and is therefore given larger responsibilities and higher status. New responsibilities of the Corporal may include the attendance of investigations and helping with Guard work outside of town.

Sergeant - As a further proof of excellence, the Sergeant is expected to set an example to the lower ranks. Because of this, they are expected to have full comprehension and ability to follow the rules and law. Should a senior officer be absent, a Sergeant is capable of providing the status of leadership in the event of a raid or other large criminal activity that requires a collection of guards.

Sergeant-Major - The Sergeant-Major essentially holds the same responsibilities as the Sergeant, with the added requirement of leading as the head of Guard work outside of town, should they be requested to do so. Both a Sergeant-Major and a Lieutenant are able to do this.

Lieutenant - Having shown thorough expertise and well-known accomplishment throughout the duration of their time as a guard, the Lieutenant is the highest rank one may achieve as a basic guardsman. The Lieutenant holds command over all other basic ranks within the guard. Furthermore, they are not required, or expected, to take commands from the chiefs of specialized departments. Despite this, they have no power over other members of the specialized departments, as these ranks also hold the same power as a Lieutenant. Only the Captain, or the Major, may override the order of a Lieutenant.

Specialized Department Ranks

Auditor - The Auditor serves as an operational supervisor to the Guard. He or she is expected to be held responsible for tasks such as the observation of potential suspects in the field, as well as providing subtle witness and analysis of ongoing crime within town. For this reason, the Auditor is not always required to wear a uniform while on-duty. The Auditor is expected to report his observations to either the Detective or Inquisitor of the Guard.

Inquisitor - In the event of a suspect's capture, the Inquisitor holds the duty of questioning this person in an effort to obtain information. This information is then to be analyzed by the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor is additionally responsible for the analysis of crime scene evidence, should this be required.

Administrative Ranks

Captain - Acting as leader of the Town Guard, the Captain is responsible for any and all guard operations. He or she possesses the power to overrule the commands of Departments chiefs, and as such, is not to be questioned or taken lightly unless suspected of illegal action.

Major - The Major acts as the right-hand to the Captain and second-in-command, with a watchful eye present over any and all guard activity. Further so, the Major must hold responsibility over the resolution of petty conflict occurring within the guard. The Major may only be overruled by the Captain or Major.

Guards Uniform
The Enlisted uniform is to be worn by guards from the rank of Initiate to Sergeant.

Armor Style - Altmer
Enlisted_Uniform.png

Armor Colors
ALL SLOTS: Rank 1 Materials / Rank 4 Materials / Thalmor Black
Substitutes: Thalmor Black can be replaced by any black that looks close enough.

Officers' Uniform
An officer's uniform may be worn only by a Sergeant-Major or Lieutenant within the Guard.

Armor Style - Aldmeri Dominion, No Helmet

Officers_Uniform.png

Armor Colors
ALL SLOTS: Noxophilic Black / Soul-Shriven Grey / Rank 4 Materials

Roster
CAPTAIN - Kashya Vulano
MAJOR - N/A

LIEUTENANT
Thorn the Convicted

SERGEANT-MAJOR

SERGEANT

CORPORAL
Melane Stormhawke
Thelin Ibis Aedieth
Xithic
Burdens-Many-Blows

PRIVATE
Lucrezia Nightblade
Da'shar

INITIATE
Teldryn
Yazgra the Clanless
Radu Vintilla
Cantose

Is your name missing from the roster?
Please notify @Vulano.
jcK1xm1.png
Posted Apr 20, 16 · OP · Last edited Jan 9, 19
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Guild Master
Moon Sugar:
+708
Update 5/12/16: I rewrote everything. Everything. And no, I'm not done. I'll have the remainder finished within the next week or two, I think.
jcK1xm1.png
Posted May 12, 16 · OP
Guild Master
Moon Sugar:
+708
EL WEEK THREE.
Update 5/25/16: The "Guard" label has been added to the post. A few revisions have been made regarding the Guard Uniform as preparations are made for the upcoming Guard Training Sessions.
jcK1xm1.png
Posted May 25, 16 · OP
Moon Sugar:
+2,039
Poll Dancer
Ranks updated!
gt1mKRKt.png
Click me.
Buy me a coffee.
Posted Jul 20, 16
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Guild Master
Moon Sugar:
+708
Update 6/1/2017: The "Initiate" rank has been rewritten to better reflect the purpose and privileges of the rank.
jcK1xm1.png
Posted Jun 1, 17 · OP
Guild Master
Moon Sugar:
+708
Update 4/27/2018: I finally switched everything over from "Vulkwasten" to "Cormount."
jcK1xm1.png
Posted Apr 27, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Guild Master
Moon Sugar:
+708
Update 10/1/2018: I switched everything from "Cormount" over to Shattered Grove. Also redid the uniforms, changed the name of the Guard Marshal to Captain, and a lot of other stuff. I REALLY HOPE WE DON'T END UP MOVING BACK, BECUASE I DIDN'T MAKE A BACKUP OF THE OLD ROSTER.
jcK1xm1.png
Posted Oct 1, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
NoticeNotices