Page
of 3

Under Wandering Stars - Callio's Journal

23 replies
Moon Sugar:
+287
7th of Sun's Height

There seems to be a lot of traffic around Hircine's shrine lately. I've seen at least ten people come up here since I set up camp. A few have questioned what I'm doing out here.. I've told them I'm just a passing through and needed a place to camp.. Not a lie. It's what I've become over the years.. A vagabond.. a drifter.. Nomad.. Whatever you want to call me.. I'll probably never settle anywhere. I'm to the point now that I feel like it's where I belong.. on the road, on the move. There's not a reason I can think of to settle anywhere for any extended period of time.

Took down a deer earlier. It lead me through the valley. Surprisingly, the spiders are gone. I don't know where they went, and I don't care. They're gone, that's what matters. I followed the deer through part of the forest before bringing it down. It'll make a good meal for the boys and myself.

I don't know what I want to do.. Part of me wants to go back to my fore-bearer's home. Part of me wishes to remain here at the shrine.. And yet.. Returning to town.. That wouldn't be entirely too bad.. would it? One one hand, the jagga is good and the people around the tavern are good people. They seem to be at least. So there's that.. The downside.. Gloo is there. And I have no way of knowing when he'll decide to appear. There's always a risk when he's involved.

For the time being, I think it's best I just.. stay out here. If I'm truly needed, I'm sure someone will come looking for me. Though it's also doubtful that anyone will. Not many know me really. It's.. better that way.. though.. Maybe.

While I was at my fore-bearer's home, I did try my hand at sewing the senche hides together. It.. didn't work out too well. Not for a decent blanket anyway. But Razor and Oak seem fond of the twisted fabric it created. So I've given it to them for when we make camp. They don't seem to mind sharing it.
Y98bdEb.gif
Posted Jul 7, 17 · OP · Last edited Jul 7, 17
Moon Sugar:
+287
18th of Sun's Height - [ The page is water stained and several things smeared / warped so badly that they're already no longer ledgable.

I have to be insane... Y'ffre's bones.. I've returned to my fore-bearer's home. The storm is horrible. It blew away my tent. I'll have to get a new one. The trip back, I huddled close to Oak and Razor to keep from being blown away. Even clothed in metal, the wind still nearly lifted me. I don't feel like being a ragdoll..

She was less than thrilled to see me after the way we had parted a few weeks ago. But it don't matter. She took me in. Told me she forgave me. She was more concerned about my well being last night than she was about old grudges. I was having breathing problems when I got back. The other elf is still there... I still don't much care for him.

He reminds me so much of Glooras, back when I was younger, it's unreal... He's nicer.. But.. it's his attitude. I said that before I think.

With the storm, I've decided to just.. suck it up and stay here. At least it's safe where we are. I'll be glad when this is over.. I'll be able to return to the forest. Maybe I'll even visit town.
Y98bdEb.gif
Posted Jul 19, 17 · OP
Moon Sugar:
+287
26th of Sun's Dusk

It's been a long time since I had the time to pick this book up again. I've been busy. Life has kept me on my toes. Kept me on the go. No time to rest, means more time spent on the road. Once, I would have said just how much I enjoy that. But.. the last few months have proven that there always a surprise to be found.

Found a cave during a job.. It's more than I could ever hope for. It's....

I found work again. I'm surprised anyone in the Trading Post would even speak to me. But I was approached by a hooded figure. His job took me to Greenshade, out to the moors. His sister had gone missing and I was tasked with finding her. Sadly, I did not find her in time. Wild creatures had killed her. I took her back to her brother. Then I had to return to the moors to get Razor. Dog ran off into the marsh.

Looking for him, lead me to a clearing, surrounded by steep cliffs and thick forest. I found a cave there. I mentioned the cave already... Sort of.. It's.. I can't explain it. But I want to remain. I swore I'd never settle anywhere.. But this place, it's peaceful and quiet. Plenty of space for myself and the boys. And Oak took to one of the smaller rooms of the cave. If he is content here, than I will be too. I trust the judgement of the boys. Their instincts are probably better than my own.

Home. I never thought I could call anywhere that ever again. After what happened with my brother.. But this is different here. It's far from prying eyes of those that might attack, simply because of what I am. There's plenty of places to fish and hunt. Being so deep in the moors, the seclusion of it.. I feel safe here. I can make something of this place.. I just know it. I can't explain why I know it.. I.. I just do.

There's an old saying my father used to tell me, when I was a young boy. He used to tell me that I'd know home when I found it. Even though he really didn't want me to ever leave. My health was always a constricting factor. But.. life has a sense of humor.. Despite it being usually a twisted humor. This time it gave me a home. A place to rest. I knew this would be home the moment I laid eyes on it.

Bought some portal scrolls from a merchant in town. I should be able to travel to Malabal Tor anytime I desire. And still be able to return home. I'll probably still travel though. I don't think I'll ever fully give that up. For now, I should rest. Still have hides to sew in the morning, to finish making bedding. And also deer to hunt.
Y98bdEb.gif
Posted Nov 26, 17 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+287
[ There's no date here.. There's an attempt at writing. But it's smeared and hard to read.. Perhaps the one thing that can be read is simply.. ]

I'm sorry.. Someone.. anyone.. please.. watch over Oak and Razor.. they don't deserve death... Happiness.. They need happiness..

[ The rest of the entry, and the majority of the book is soaked with blood. Left to lay next to his bedroll, at his camp. There's also likely footprints around his camp.. Ones that do not belong to him. But from the bounty hunter that would later find him. ]
Y98bdEb.gif
Posted Jan 12, 19 · OP
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices