Page
of 2

Burden's Journal (Jel Language)

10 replies
Moon Sugar:
+31
I hope getting my thoughts down will ease my mind. It gets so dull around here and being dull means my memories haunt me.

I came to Courmount seeking fighters to regain my strength from my imprisonment, but I was defeated. I could have left but, some of the people here made me stay. Was it some of the kind souls? Some of the honor of the people I fought? It compelled me to be a guard again to protect these people. Whatever it was, it made me feel something I haven't felt for years.

I don't agree how they handle the laws, but I must respect them. Minor crimes might get a beating, while more serious crimes will get you killed...horribly in my village. But, they attach gold value to their laws here. What's the point if they don't learn their lesson...they only have to be rich to break a law.

Anyway, I did make it to Major, but the guard and myself were helpless. Gold and recruitment were major factors, also a dumner lead us. But, after I got sick from the fog, I left after I woke up in disgust. I needed time away to reflect on my decisions and the situation.
Posted Dec 23, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
By Sithis, why am I writing my thoughts down? I never cared until now. My thought? The hist is slowly changing my course. I'm still a fighter at heart of course, but sometimes people in my village where I lived would change professions on a whim. The hist might be guiding me as well, dispite my time away from it.

To continue, I ran for Kavatch and spent a few months there. I heard Afer was a gladiator there, he wasn't keen on it, but I had thoughts of joining. However, I wanted to test myself beforehand. So I tried fighting outside the arena.

It was fruitful at first for a month or so, came close to entering the arena, but then they found out about my injury and pummeled me in each match. I had to stop before I got killed by it.

I was disappointed, my scars on my back were my crippling weakness, a memory of my imprisonment. Hit my back hard enough and I fall over in pain. I ran south and stopped in the wilderness. There I unleashed my anger before I was overtaken with sorrow.

But then I reflected on my next move. Perhaps I knew since I escaped, but I denied it. I couldn't go after my captor alone, let alone the connections he might have, but I'm getting ahead of myself. But, I also thought about my time in Courmount and the friends and rivalries I made. I also thought about the day of the fog...I did all I could for them, but it was out of my control.

At this point, I started my journey back to Courmount.
Posted Dec 23, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
When I arrived, everyone was leaving town. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to make of it, but we weren't getting support from the capital there and we were getting too much attention for not being wood elves. Some people may miss it, but Courmount only brought trouble.

It was organized chaos when we came to Shattered Grove. It seemed like everyone wanted a new start in this new town. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a guard, due to my doubts. Afer mentioned I should wait and see but Thorn was going to be an officer.

Joining the guard meant better pay, but Thorn is someone that can have more trouble with his injuries than me. He gave me a lot of advice back in Courmount, and...well...he was the only male Saxlheel in town. So of course I felt some attraction to him.

At the time, he was seeing Kaysha. I kinda got hints in Courmount, but I didn't truly know until Shattered Grove when the townsfolk were heckling them. I find those relationships strange...but then again I think of my friend Lunar and her attraction to Xithic. The ones that are born away or cut off from the hist are quite different, but they are still my scale brother and sister. I wasn't going to get in the way of any relationships they have.

I wanted to protect him from danger, so I joined back up with the guard.
Posted Dec 24, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
Guard work has been fine for the most part, though the thing I and some of the others struggle with is the Dominion. Granted, they have taken the expenses of the guard, but a good majority of Altmer are racists. They had some issues with daedric cult and their first action was to go into town and question me first, along with calling me a bandit.

I can feel the tension daily. Xithic and a Dominion official got into it due to Dar'ashi throwing a rock. I tried to defuse it as best I could, but Xithic knocked the bastard out and cuffed him to a bed. I managed to sort it out with low consequences, but I feel we may hit a tipping point some day.

In the meantime, I did purchase the tavern and started running it. It's crazy, but I felt like buying it. That and I had concerns about the longevity of my profession. Also I made a few jobs, so that people will be a bit prosperous. I'm getting used to buying goods and I'm starting to see the strings to pull to get deals.

It's a little scary that I'm getting good at this.
Posted Dec 25, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
Things were going well, but then I took a job from Afer. Getting us on an island of a hunter that wants to kill us wasn't the smartest thing. We killed him, but I was badly injured due to him having some control over the wildlife. I was almost torn apart by bears. I don't know how I'm still alive, but they got me back to the clinic.

I'm lucky I didn't lose any limbs but, I still struggle with combat. I had trouble using my shield and the Dominion guard armor is hard to wear. Figures that the Dominion doesn't have alternatives, but they will have to deal with me using my armor. I switched to using two weapons and I thought about taking up the bow.

It made me think about my captor so many years ago...he seems farther and farther away. I've told a few people about my situation. I've told Lulie, but Afer and Thorn told me to drop the idea of going after him in Morrowind. I wouldn't listen normally, but Thorn...

I've concluded unless my captor is outside of Morrowind, I won't go after him in his home.
Posted Dec 26, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
Since I can't stop talking about him, I should talk about Thorn.

Thorn reminds me of an elder that scolds me...in a good way. Ever since I've walked into town, we've had this relationship. We've been to the marsh together a few times. He's still a bit of a mystery to me, but then again, he's a mystery to himself. He's been through a lot.

Recently though, Kaysha called us in and basically broke up with Thorn and tried to pawn off Thorn to me! I was stunned at that, but Kaysha was in a position that she couldn't stay with him. I pity her, yet I'm also angry at the situation. Damn elves.

I've talked to him a few times and obviously he's hurt. He said he would drown himself if he didn't breathe underwater. I've continued to talk to him the last few weeks and we've talked a long time. I...eventually confessed I had an attraction to him. It's crazy since I don't want to fall into the pawning off thing. But, I must admit that I had feelings for him for awhile.

He basically said that he was still hurt and I understood that. Maybe I approached him too soon, but I wanted to be honest with him. So I gave him space for now. I sent him a gift for the end of the year and we will see. I won't pressure him, but I will let him know I'm thinking of him.
Posted Dec 28, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
*Note written at Old Life Festival*

Egg-Brother and Sister,

I don't know if you both are dead, but I will mourn your loss now. Sister, you weren't in the village when I stopped by and I have no idea where you are. And brother, your occupation almost guaranteed you an early death. I hope I mourn over nothing, but may Sithis guide both of you to the roots of our tree.

Kai-La
Posted Dec 28, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
I might as well talk about the other people in town.

I'll start with Kaysha, she runs the guard right now. I...guess I respect her? She's a decent leader, but she's not a fighter. I believe she's an Altmer at heart, but at least she's bearable to be around.

Afer is one of my good friends, but I haven't seen him around since the bear-thing. Hopefully he doesn't blame himself, but best guess? He is with family. Guess I can relate to him...think he has his own monsters to deal with.

My tavern staff which consists of Lulie, Lucia, and Taps. There might be more, but they are pretty unremarkable. Lulie is kinda cheery and probably one of my best and I feel I can talk to her easily. Lucia is another one of my best. Taps is alright, though not much of a personality on him, but he gets the job done.

Some of the notable guards are Sarasha and Xithic. Two Khajiit. One is a hot-head and the other a bit calmer, bit of a versitile cat.

Then there's Lunar. Probably one of my best friends. She pretty nimble and good in a fight. It's no wonder I get along with her. She even helped me with Thorn. Think we will be friends for a long time.

There is also Kiri the healer. She seems to have a good heart, but I wish she was more experienced in healing, especially when it came to the bears.

There's also Aminos, but I hardly see him. Probably for the best. I don't harbor a grudge against him back in town about the guard. It was the circumstances we were under at the time. But, I rather not talk to him much.

That about covers everyone...I do get lonely and homesick at times, but these people make me feel at home.
Posted Dec 31, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
I'll talk about today.

Basically some pirates kidnapped the guard and put us on a boat. We escaped thanks to the Dominion, but they came back with a ballista and shot our guard hall. We fended them off, but now a detachment from Skywatch is keeping their eyes peeled.

There was also some daedric worshipers, they've been quiet but someone mentioned they were shouting in town. Then there was an attack at the tavern. I wasn't there but they were after that idiot Rey. Sara killed them and their rotting somewhere. I better keep my eyes on him, I mean...he did threaten me, but I don't know, he can be a drunk.

I'm starting to get really good at trading. I'm able to get a profit on the tavern, but I'm also moving some goods in Skywatch. I lose sometimes, but I'm gaining a reputation there and I'm getting a decent number of gold. I...it's strange, mostly due to the zero experience I had, but I'm pretty confident that the hist is changing me this way. I'm moving away from a shield due to my injury, and I'll get Xithic to teach me the bow and Lunar to give me pointers on dual wielding.

Lunar got me to talk to Thorn. We pretty much sat there and vented about our feelings. Thorn is not very confident due to what happened with Kaysha. I'm not confident myself due to inexperience, plus he hasn't really given me anything. I could have been more patient, but our talk cleared the air and I think we are going to try this out. We are going to take it slow of course because of our uncertainties, but we will see where it goes.

I hope it works out, I have strong feelings for him.
Posted Dec 31, 18 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Moon Sugar:
+31
Things have moved quickly in this town, or maybe it's due to the size.

Guess I'll start with the murder in my tavern. It's a bit complicated, but Rey got attacked by some guy and the civilians and guard killed him. They dragged the body out and a werewolf ate it. Now the Thalmor are sniffing around town. Also add to that Rey is trying to sell me drink for half the price. Does he think I'm an idiot?

I dislike the Thalmor a lot. I didn't think I would, but when they came into town and questioned me and the others, then there's the situation with Thorn. Granted, not Kaysha's fault, but it seems like a byproduct of that culture. Pushing outsiders around to get their way. Granted, Saxhleel have their issues, but at least we're clear about it and the marsh makes us isolated. Wish they would just push us out already if they don't like us.

As for Thorn, we might move in together. He wanted to show me his boat and room first. Haven't seen him in a few days but...nice and easy Kai. We both have to go at a slow pace.

I worry about us in the guard, we're both outsiders. But, he reassured me about the Thalmor and they wouldn't touch us. I need to try to follow his lead for both of our sake. I just hope my temper holds until they calm down a bit.
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP
Moon Sugar
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices